Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Overwritten Song...Recover previous Version possible?

willerwiller GermanyPosts: 3

Hi
I have accidently overwritten a Song with another one i was working on. Is there any way to go back to the Version pre saving
or recover the lost song somehow? Please help, this has been Hours and Hours of work. Sorry if this has been asked before, couldnt find it. I'll go back to slapping myself in the face now. thanks in Advance

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611
    edited October 2023

as far as i know, no.
    every couple months I tend to back up the entirety of the SD card to my computer. i would suggest doing this at a frequency of your own choosing for the future. additionally, you can create a folder in your Songs folder in the SD card, and save duplicates in there that are never edited/accessed so that at least there is an archive of songs directly on the SD card.

sorry about the lost work!

since another user said they were able to recover a saved-over song using some free SD recover software in a previous thread, i would suggest trying out some free software people have suggested/discussed: helpful google search or here's a specific reddit thread of suggestions

Post edited by reza on
    willerwiller GermanyPosts: 3

@reza said:
    as far as i know, no.
    every couple months I tend to back up the entirety of the SD card to my computer. i would suggest doing this at a frequency of your own choosing for the future. additionally, you can create a folder in your Songs folder in the SD card, and save duplicates in there that are never edited/accessed so that at least there is an archive of songs directly on the SD card.

sorry about the lost work!

since another user said they were able to recover a saved-over song using some free SD recover software in a previous thread, i would suggest trying out some free software people have suggested/discussed: helpful google search or here's a specific reddit thread of suggestions

Hi Reza!
    Thanks for your answer. I tried lots of programs and havent been able to find a solution. I slept of the Frustration now and will try to just recreate the song, luckily i have. Recording of it.
    thanks again and all the best