β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Problem recording audio in song mode

JonathdelJonathdel FrancePosts: 12

I guess Im doing something wrong but I didn't find any solution in the manual so I ask here : I plugged my guitar in the audio input and played around an records some tracks, it was ok and easy for a long while ; but at one point when I was recording an audioclip, despite I could see the waveform being recorded the content just disappeared after I stopped recording. And it still like that till now... I can create a new song, record an audio clip but the same issue appears.
An other thing : when Im recording I noticed that pushing the "launch" pad doesn't do anything as it is supposed to be trusting the manual.

Do you know what could it be ?

One more thing : I plugged my tube amp in the audio line in but I was surprised the I had to select the left/ monitoring to get sound. Aren't my amp supposed to act as a monitoring ? If not, in which case can we use the left channel without any monitor ?

Thanks for your support !

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited October 2023

Just be sure to stop recording with a press on the record button and not play. And I think stopping recording with the launch pad works but it needs another clip to exist to take the "end" from, might be wrong tho.

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Thanks for your answer !

I tried both and it is always the same result : the waveform just "disappear", I don't know what's wrong because when I start a new song it works fine and it doesn't seems that I do it differently...

macMOEmacMOE germanyPosts: 16

I'm not sure about this, but i think if you record something, then delete it and then try to record something that is shorter (less bars) than the first recording, it won't save for some reason.
    I don't record audio that much, but i had the same problem

Yes exactly ! it is not very clear and I can't see the logic of it
    I can see the waveform being recorded, it still here if I stop recording but disappear when I stop playing.

The only way I found to be able to record again is to manually change the clip length that stayed after I just canceled my recording.

It doesn't seems normal that the length doesn't goes back to the minimum value when you cancel a record...

Does anyone think we can call this a "bug" or is there an other workflow that I don't get ?

Hello, is there anyone who could help me with that ?