Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Jogwheel mapping

Hi there! Hope you're doing good.
I'd like to find a way to control de progression bar with a jogwheel. The perfection would be to be able to control progression of the song like on a DJcontroller/software. Is possible? Is it madness? Is there any crazy person that could imagine how to do that?
Thx

Comments

MozartVonRobotMozartVonRobot SwedenPosts: 25

@cyril said:
    The perfection would be to be able to control progression of the song like on a DJcontroller/software. Is possible? Is it madness? Is there any crazy person that could imagine how to do that?

As insane as that would be...I'm not a programmer, but I can't imagine that would be possible (I mean, the triggers would just bunch together, right?). I could however imagine a hypothetical scenario in which a jog wheel could be made to control a single loop/audio track, scratching it out of and into sync with the other tracks. I'd imagine it would be complicated, though, but maybe technically possible if the deluge is powerful enough to do that kind of real time sample playback manipulation. If that is possible, it could basically make a loop track on the deluge behave like an SC500 scratch instrument (which...come to think of it...I think is open source also). If it can be done with two tracks mapped to different jog wheels on the same controller, with the crossfader controlling the mutes...hypothetically, that'd be pretty nifty. I have no idea how it would actually be done, though.