Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Open Source Updates

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611
edited December 2023 in Open Source

Hey all!

I'll be updating this thread to include every open source update roundup.
Check out what's been going on here:

1) Deluge Open Source Update Roundup June 2023
2) Deluge Open Source Update Roundup July 2023
3) Deluge Open Source Update Roundup October 2023
4) The first Deluge Community Firmware release is live!

Post edited by reza on

Comments

macMOEmacMOE germanyPosts: 16

Wow, thats a lot of progress. Can't wait to test this all out. Thansk to all the devs!!
    And to everyone else: join the patreon :)

BobShankarBobShankar NZPosts: 6

I'm not touching anything! I'll wait for my screen update.

The July Update Roundup is live, check it out to hear about new features developed for the Community Firmware and hear about the news of the first Community Firmware beta, beginning Monday, August 21st ! Link is in original post of this thread.

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 128

So much great stuff happening! Thanks @reza for all the updates

milkformycoconutmilkformycoconut GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 31

excited about this one, so many great updates. Also checked Alter page, and damn, new cool stuff on the way. Cheers guys you are doing some amazing work

MiniDXMiniDX FrancePosts: 2

I wonder if open source developers will be able to let the deluge export individual stems to the sd card so we can mix tracks separately in DAW. That's really the only feature I am still missing.

LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

Will we be getting another round up soon?

edited October 2023

Hey @Ljk !
    Yes, another one Round Up should pop up once the Community Firmware has advanced to beta. Currently the pre-beta testing has taken more time than initially expected in order to sort out performance issues (which are mostly resolved with some cases still needing attention). It was felt that if another update was provided advertising the current pre-beta that there would be a larger influx of reports of performance issues that are currently known/being sorted out and it'd be best to wait once the beta is ready for another update.

Since most of the development has shifted to fixing bugs/performances, there hasn't been as much development on new features this round, so there's also less to report besides improving what features that have already been mentioned for the first release of the Community Firmware. Although I was expecting to make monthly updates, moving forward update round ups will probably shift to every 1-2 months. Cheers!

Post edited by reza on
    laikrodizlaikrodiz Beta Tester Posts: 28

Has the beta dropped? Or is this still pre-beta?
    I see the link on the site — https://synthstromaudible.github.io/DelugeFirmware/

@laikrodiz said:
    Has the beta dropped? Or is this still pre-beta?

Yes, that is the beta, an announcement is being made in the next day or two that will clarify everything. The beta will be getting updated throughout the beta process.