Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Preset permanently altered

JDJ407JDJ407 United StatesPosts: 2

For some reason my kit 808 preset has been permanently altered. The Kick drum now by default has a ton of reverb and delay and sounds terrible. Obviously i can fix this just by turning down the reverb and delay, which is annoying. More disconcerting is that I have no idea how it happened and now idea how to fix it without doing a factory reset, which i don't want to do. Anyone have an idea how this would have happened and what I can do to fix it?

Comments

JDJ407JDJ407 United StatesPosts: 2

As a follow up to the above post, when i take the SD card out of the Deluge and put it into my computer, and go into the "kits" subfolder, every kit reflects a "date modified" date and time of 9/8/2022 9:42 AM EXCEPT the 000 TR-808 kit. It doesn't include any information in the Date modified column. I must have permanently changed this preset somehow, but I have no idea how and haven't been able to find out anything about this after searching for hours through the manual, online, or on youtube. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

all presets, kits or synths, can be saved/overwritten which will be reflected in any NEW project that uses them. you must have hit SAVE+KIT at some point with those changes made. however, normally you will be prompted if you want to overwrite the preset or not before the save is confirmed.

since the deluge has no way of telling time, any files saved/created on the deluge will not have date metadata reflected on the SD card.

head over to the downloads page and download the factory presets. it might be useful to have a copy of this on your computer in case you ever accidently overwrite a preset in the future.
    https://synthstrom.com/product/deluge/#downloads

simply drag the 000 TR-808.XML and replace it with the one on the SD card.