Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is there a way to reassign the CV button to go to a Loops folder?

I will never use CV functionality - it would be nice if i could use this button as a shortcut to a loops folder to quickly browse drum loops and similar samples. there really isn't another quick way to do this type of thing that i'm aware of - using OLED version.

Comments

idealflawidealflaw austinPosts: 7
    edited September 2023

alternately if anyone has a faster/better way to do this let me know. things i'd want:

• quickly access them like i can synth or kits - holding shift + kit is annoying
    • default time stretch them

i've got the new OLED version and there are just fewer tutorials for this version.

Post edited by idealflaw on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

there isn't a way to reassign the CV button unless you have experience messing with code and make your own open source branch.

i would recommend creating a kit with one sample: the first sample of your loops folder. that way you can just hit audition pad + browse and you'll be always taken directly to that folder and can start building out a kit from there. if you save the kit afterwards, just make sure you save it as a different name so the original 1 loop kit is still there for next time.

time stretching is default when using audio clips. if you want to time stretch, hit audition pad+osc1 sample mode and switch to stretch. you will have to sequence the note in clip view and have it held out as long as you want it stretched for. you can set all samples to stretch by holding AFFECT ENTIRE while turning to 'stretch'

@reza said:
    there isn't a way to reassign the CV button unless you have experience messing with code and make your own open source branch.

i would recommend creating a kit with one sample: the first sample of your loops folder. that way you can just hit audition pad + browse and you'll be always taken directly to that folder and can start building out a kit from there. if you save the kit afterwards, just make sure you save it as a different name so the original 1 loop kit is still there for next time.

time stretching is default when using audio clips. if you want to time stretch, hit audition pad+osc1 sample mode and switch to stretch. you will have to sequence the note in clip view and have it held out as long as you want it stretched for. you can set all samples to stretch by holding AFFECT ENTIRE while turning to 'stretch'

that's too bad - it does feel like it's missing, but perhaps i'm in a minority. Dedicating 2 physical buttons to "settings" seems like a missed opportunity to repurpose those buttons to capabilities people use creating nearly any song.
    i've got synths (which now can chromatically play samples), kits,,, but not a super-straight-forward means of queing up loops or stems.

@reza said:

i can't believe i never even NOTICED the affect entire button, or considered how it coudl be used here - super cool!