Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Quantize & Humanize Sequenced Notes

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611
edited July 2023 in Open Source

Merged with Community Firmware!

This feature's implementation started with @Alter
GitHub Documentation | Documentation 2

Drum Randomizer

In Clip view, while holding down the pad(s) that contain a note, turning the Tempo knob to the right applies quantize to those rows, and turning it to the left applies humanize.

While holding down a note in the pad grid, pressing down the Tempo knob then turning applies quantize/humanize to all rows.

*This feature can be turned On/Off in the runtime feature setting. (Runtime Feature Setting is available in the Shift+Select knob menu.)

The button combinations in the video are different from the current implementation.

Discuss this feature, provide video/audio examples, etc.

Post edited by reza on

Comments

ElwhagenElwhagen VäxjöPosts: 3

This is an amazing feature that I've really wanted since I got my deluge just a few months ago. Such a time-saver, especially when it comes to making good drum beats.

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

Does humanize « humanize » a new humanized value every time a note plays? Is it static/applied once or is it dynamic?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

@Phil said:
    Does humanize « humanize » a new humanized value every time a note plays? Is it static/applied once or is it dynamic?

it applies just once: randomly generated once.

mrrafsmrrafs ukPosts: 63

This is great and the main reason why I will move to the community fork. I can see it does post-quantize, like on the maschine. (Although on the masch you just have two buttons, for full or half Q, that makes it really quick when performing live).

Can you set the Quantize per row before recording? I.e. so I can set my high-hats to be quantised, but the rest can be loose? (At >140bpm is really hard to be tight). After is still super cool!

Thanks for doing this, totally changes what I can do on my deluge now. +++++++1