Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Additional LFO Shapes

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611
edited July 2023 in Open Source

Merged with Community Firmware!

This feature's implementation started with @phfalk.
GitHub Documentation

Added 2 new LFO Shapes

1. Random Walk: Starts at a random value within +/- AMOUNT and ‘walks’ up or down by a small increment when triggered.
  2. Sample & Hold: Picks a new random value every time it is triggered.

Discuss this feature, provide video/audio examples, etc.

Post edited by reza on
Tagged:

Comments

Rob_JefferysRob_Jefferys UkPosts: 7

Where do I download the community firmware

@Rob_Jefferys said:
    Where do I download the community firmware

There aren't any official community firmware releases just yet. If you'd like to try out firmware preemptively, check out the 'Actions' category in the Community Firmware GitHub (link: https://github.com/SynthstromAudible/DelugeFirmware/actions)

Find an item with a green check, if right below the title it says "Build #XXXX" it means that you can click it and download a .bin file. Download the .bin file that starts with 'release' and ends with your Deluge type, 'oled' or '7seg'.

There may be bugs or issues present in the build you downloaded, as mentioned before, there aren't official releases just yet. Make sure to back up and save the entirety of your deluge SD card beforehand.

manysoundsmanysounds The GunksBeta Tester Posts: 43
    edited August 2023

In the latest community build released (c95a27c) this feature is bugged and the Deluge hangs when pressing LFO Shape.

Post edited by manysounds on

@manysounds said:
    In the latest community build released (c95a27c) this feature is bugged and the Deluge hangs when pressing LFO Shape.

hey @manysounds, thanks for pointing that out. i believe it was flagged a day or so ago and has been sorted out for future builds!

Already sorted in the nightly. This is amazing

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

What about a LFO designer on the grid?

@Phil said:
    What about a LFO designer on the grid?

Tricky and limited. For a smoothly moving LFO there would have to be some unknown processing to avoid a 16x8 steppy sounding thing. Personally I'd prefer being able to import a single wav cycle from a wavetable to use as a +/- LFO with an additional offset variable. Like how the XOAC Zadar eurorack module functions as a custom table ADSR... errrr... ish.

PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

Then call it a step sequencer. ;)