Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Mod Matrix to send cc messages over midi

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

In the name of the title! I'd like to be able to use the internal mod matrix on external midi devices.

A great example of this is with drums. Within the deluge currently you can get each lane of a drum track and assign it to random and velocity, and dial in say 10-20% to get a humanization effect onto each drum. This doesn't work with external midi, and is what this request is for. The internal mod matrix would need to modulate cc's on the midi sequences programmed in.

This would be a huge game changer for external midi users, and has huge benefits not just in drums but all synths etc.

To any open source coders I'd happily pay someone to make this feature for me!

Post edited by Myrk on

Comments

RabokayRabokay EuBeta Tester Posts: 32

+1

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 28

+1 too, MIDI modulation would be great, as would CV modulation :)

RabokayRabokay EuBeta Tester Posts: 32

Plus 1

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49
    edited August 2023

@Myrk said:
    In the name of the title! I'd like to be able to use the internal mod matrix on external midi devices.

A great example of this is with drums. Within the deluge currently you can get each lane of a drum track and assign it to random and velocity, and dial in say 10-20% to get a humanization effect onto each drum. This doesn't work with external midi, and is what this request is for. The internal mod matrix would need to modulate cc's on the midi sequences programmed in.

This would be a huge game changer for external midi users, and has huge benefits not just in drums but all synths etc.

To any open source coders I'd happily pay someone to make this feature for me!

Does an automation lanes view for midi cc’s solve this?

If so, it’s part of the community open source firmware now :)

Or are you talking about modulating the midi notes sent out as something different?

Post edited by seangoodvibes on
    suboscillatorsuboscillator Milwaukee, WI USABeta Tester Posts: 12

If I am understanding the OP correctly, I think this is a duplicate of this feature request:

https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/419/midi-cc-patching-lfo-env/p1

This is currently ranked among the top 50 feature requests by votes, so I'd suggest everyone go vote for that one.