Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sample Crop

milkformycoconutmilkformycoconut GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 31

I am not sure if sample length cause memory leak issue for sample to stop playing within song. What about having a crop sample option, once applied it will save it as a new sample within song thus saving memory?

Comments

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

The sample reading is streamed, so I believe the memory usage will remain the same even for large files.

@Alter said:
    The sample reading is streamed, so I believe the memory usage will remain the same even for large files.

That's good to hear, thank you Alter
    Do you know why this audio dropouts happen when you have more then few samples playing, do you have same experience?

Btw great work on all extra stuff you are doing for Deluge. Would be awesome if in one of your quest you can tackle the Zero crossing on sample chops, and what i already suggested on your last video, press and rotate <> for transposing samples in cents(maybe increments of 10)

Cheers man

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

I haven't experienced audio dropouts very often, but they might occur for reasons such as accessing a large number of samples simultaneously or when the samples are fragmented and stored on the storage device.

During the implementation of the manual slicer, I experimented with both zero-crossing and transposing in cents. Since there were not many cases where the sample actually zero-crossed, and the method was not very effective in preventing clicking sounds, I chose to use envelopes for the slices. Additionally, setting the per-cent transpose made Deluge behave a bit oddly, so I put it on hold for now.

Thank you for clarification. Keep rocking!