β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Trimming a sample, is alwaays streched

yamacilleryamaciller ViennaPosts: 27

Hi.
Very basic thing.
I record an audio sample in song view.
Goto clip and waveform.
Now I want to set start and endpoint.
This I can do without issues, BUT the sample now is always timestreched, so basically it does always play slower when I crop it.
I followed the manual, but I cant get it to work.
hmm.
Any help would be helpful.
Thx.
Werner

Comments

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

You need to match the length of the audio clip to the trimmed sample. For example, if you trim a recorded sample from 4 bars to 2 bars, you should also adjust the clip length to 2 bars.

Hi.
    Thank you for the answer. I was missing that.
    Just for the sake, The docu could mention that in the chapter of quick trimming/extending audio.
    In case I missed that as well.... sry. WIll double check.
    Thanks so much.
    Werner

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited June 2023

You are doing it wrong, what u need to do,** for audio clip**, is zoom fully out in clip view, then press one of the last pads on the right, a red marker appears, trim with that. You can use reverse sample to reverse the clip and trim from the start also, then reverse back. No trim from the start currently in this trim mode. Again this is all in CLIP view NOT in WAVEFORM view.

@Alter said:
    You need to match

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

The option what Alter offered does work, but it is definitely not clean as the playbackspeed will be altered at least I trim exactly to the points of the clip length.
    Audioclip in CLIP in need to try, but that is not convinient as most of the time you want to trim front and back, isnt it?

But probably I could move the audio then?

Just very new to the samples as I got back the retrofit and I want to dive into samples.

Your method is a shortcut to edit the sample end point and clip length simultaneously. It's fantastic!

edited June 2023

@yamaciller
    When you save a song, the samples recorded on the audio tracks will appear in the CLIPS directory, and you can also load and place them in a new KIT.

Post edited by Alter on

okay. Seems i need to get into that.
    Thanks for the tipps!

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

there is someone working on a feature to turn off timestretching for audio clips.

https://github.com/mupaduw/DelugeFirmware/pull/9

Is it correct, that if recording a sample into a kit, the cropping does work as expected from the front and the back.
    Here it works....

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 611

@yamaciller yes, trimming start/end points in kits will solve the issue.

it does work well. I am getting into it.
    Sweet.