Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Horizontal VU meters on song view grid

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49

Trying to find a way to help isolate sounds on the deluge that are close to / are clipping

So I’m picturing a horizontal alternate song view where each clip row displays a VU meter using typical colours like green, yellow, red

I’m wondering if this could also be done in the clip view itself if you want to hide the step sequencer momentarily to check the levels of specific clip sounds

Maybe when in song view press shift + song to change the song view display

And when in clip view, press shift + clip

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Sean

Post edited by seangoodvibes on

Comments

HAINEZeeHAINEZee United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 21

I think some kind of VU metering and editing could be great for mixing in both Arranger / Song and Clip modes.
    Using each row as a meter for the volume output on that track (in arranger view) / instance (in Song view) / or note/item in Clip/Kit view.
    E.g. In Song View, pressing SHIFT+TRIPLETS VIEW could bring up a view of OSC Level with each row showing 16 levels of volume/level, and whereby pressing any of the 16 pads on each row could set volume output from 0 (leftmost button) to maximum (rightmost button) for that particular instrument/audio sample etc. Potentially could scale the level / velocity so that variations programmed per step are maintained.