β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Velocity Sensetive Pads

I've gotten more into using the isomorphic keyboard. Which, as a bass player clicked pretty quick. And its really fun to play on.
But I miss velocity sensetivity. I'm not going to hold my breath, but just wondered if the hardware of the Deluge potentially would allow for changing the pads to something velocity sensetive, or would this be impossible to achieve?

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

It's impossible. OP-1 solved this as an afterthought via the built-in gyroscope which registers the vibrations of the impact if you play a key, but deluge doesn't have a gyroscope.
    If you love the keyboard layout, take a look at the linnstrument. There are quite a few people with deluges and linnstrument.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited June 2023

Just a thought, Deluge got a mic, there are some synth patches using it as a second osc, so while playing and banging on the body you get some cool textures.... Maybe someone could make it so the mic translates the pad press "sound" into velocity maybeeee

Quick workflow tip: holding a note for a second, copies the velocity value of the note for next laid notes...

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

EvilpilliEvilpilli NorwayPosts: 14

Thanks for the replies, sometimes it helps to just know it's not possible. Since then I won't spend more calories thinking what if, and instead enjoy it for what it is, and learn to get expressive with it in other ways!