Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

In KIT mode, when KEYBOARD is on, all KIT sounds in a mpc-like grid.

So, in the same way that when you hit the little KEYBOARD in SYNTH mode, you get to have all the notes in the iso view, I would like, in KIT mode, to be able to hit the little KEYBOARD button and then in a mpc-like grid to have access to all the kit's sounds. I typically have KITs with a lot more than 8 sounds, and would like to be able to finger drum with them.

Comments

HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 30

true

dzaxydzaxy ukPosts: 13

And although deluge is not velocity sensitive you could have same sample automatically with a bunch of velocities across the pads with a whole kit maybe different sounds left to right and velocity/programmable top to bottom

nilscreatesnilscreates nelson, nzBeta Tester Posts: 29

+1 would love that too, nice use of keyboard in kit mode

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

@dzaxy said:
    And although deluge is not velocity sensitive you could have same sample automatically with a bunch of velocities across the pads with a whole kit maybe different sounds left to right and velocity/programmable top to bottom

Like ableton on push

luis_costaluis_costa PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 28

Another vote for this!

arxarx Posts: 6

so to combine both ideas, the Keyboard button could be pressed repeatedly to switch between MPC-like grid (one pad = one sound at adjustable velocity) and the second mode in which columns are sounds and rows are velocites

ChrisnoChrisno San FranciscoPosts: 1

How did you get this done so fast!? I don’t see it on any of the forks on git.

This also works on 7seg! Yeah!

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

@jensg said:

This also works on 7seg! Yeah!

Thank you! That's great to hear!

And if you map velocity to pitch you can even play chromatically (sort of) with the new view! Hooray!

Nice! :D

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610
    edited June 2023

excellent work @Alter !

i see there being two main keyboard views for kits. one for finger drumming, a kit row takes up one pad on the Keyboard main grid (and there's the ability to reposition pads as needed to make whatever layout you want), and the other for 16 Levels which is now achieved. would love to see being able to switch 16 level TYPE, so you can switch from velocity to semitones, frequency, panning, etc... some may be less useful, but could definitely see semitones (or notes in scale even) within 16pads being pretty powerful!

edit: After playing with this update, It's actually pretty easy to turn off velocity per note (set master level->velocity = 0) and then set other things to velocity to get 16 levels of different parameters. However, a couple benefits of supporting different TYPES officially would be that you can set all rows to be 16 Levels of a different parameter all at once and the 16 levels wouldn't be tied to velocity, and just be automation of whatever was chosen for 16 levels. Food for thought!

Post edited by reza on

@reza said:
    excellent work @Alter !

i see there being two main keyboard views for kits. one for finger drumming, a kit row takes up one pad on the Keyboard main grid (and there's the ability to reposition pads as needed to make whatever layout you want), and the other for 16 Levels which is now achieved. would love to see being able to switch 16 level TYPE, so you can switch from velocity to semitones, frequency, panning, etc... some may be less useful, but could definitely see semitones (or notes in scale even) within 16pads being pretty powerful!

edit: After playing with this update, It's actually pretty easy to turn off velocity per note (set master level->velocity = 0) and then set other things to velocity to get 16 levels of different parameters. However, a couple benefits of supporting different TYPES officially would be that you can set all rows to be 16 Levels of a different parameter all at once and the 16 levels wouldn't be tied to velocity, and just be automation of whatever was chosen for 16 levels. Food for thought!

This!

astralpirateastralpirate United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 10

@Alter this is very impressive especially for such an early contribution... Thank you for your efforts and for sharing! I just played around with it and I think it's a major feature that adds a lot more playability to the Deluge... I also found the tip from @reza is a great way to do exactly what was mentioned (use 16 levels for other parameters... Modulating master transpose with velocity set to +25 works quite well).

The only small thing I noticed that wasn't already mentioned is the colors on the drum keyboard don't always update initially when switching from one track to another... For example if I have a kit with 16 sounds and scrolled on the keyboard layout to see sounds 9-16, the keyboard pad colors will be different. If I switch to another drum clip and view the keyboard layout, sometimes the colors are the same as the previous clip, but if I toggle keyboard mode off then back on the colors sometimes change. Super minor, doesn't harm functionality at all, but just something I noticed.

Great work... Really useful addition

edited June 2023

@jensg said:
    16 level TYPE

Using these modulations will involve automation, and while auditioning with the pads works fine, when trying to record notes, they are not correctly captured. It's challenging...

Post edited by Alter on
    supchikovsupchikov Beta Tester Posts: 20

@Alter said:
    Nice! :D

Cool work, Thank you!

Have you already thought about the implementation of another interesting feature related to drum kits.

I'm talking about MIDI-CCs(velocity, and others) in drum kits clips per midi-raw.

I've been wondering why this feature hasn't been implemented for a long time.
    This is a fairly simple feature to control external drum machines.

jonesy101jonesy101 lodonPosts: 16

It would be cool to have a quick note repeat function added to this. In keeping with the MPC/SP flow - theres no need to have to go into note repeat twice to get it to behave properly (eg selecting note repeat and then going back in again to disable the up/down note repeat). So like selecting/holding shift and hitting the pad would be enough to trigger note repeat.

y_ngy_ng ymhBeta Tester Posts: 1

@jensg said:
    And if you map velocity to pitch you can even play chromatically (sort of) with the new view! Hooray!

Dumb question lol, HOW do you map pitch to velocity?

@y_ng said:

@jensg said:

Dumb question lol, HOW do you map pitch to velocity?

Try the following settings:
    MasterTranspose -> Verocity : 25