Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge as Microtonal / Polychromatic keyboard?

hermansmasherhermansmasher AustriaPosts: 26

I love playing with the isomorphic keyboard a lot. But this design seems also destined to be used as a microtonal / polychromatic keyboard, doesn't it? Maybe even with the option to choose between equal tempered or just intonation to a note (preselected / last / lowest / random)?

rKovacs1 on reddit pointed out, one could map "osc pitch" to "note" and have microtonal fun that way. I did that and it is indeed a lot of fun :) Only thing that bothers me there, is that you can't really replicate the emerging intervals on other octaves. So the further you go from the center (normally E3 = max Modulation without change in pitch), the more stretched the intervals get.

I thought more of something like defining the devisions per octave on the grid or in a menu. Right now, you see the octaves highlighted when you turn off the scale - would't in be great, for instance, to just press one pad on bottom left and another one anywhere on the grid and define that as 1 Octave - or maybe even any interval for that matter (let's say a just intonated major 3rd)?

Post edited by hermansmasher on

Comments