Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Auto unlearn midi

Would be nice if you learn a new midi track, it auto unlearns the previous one.

Comments

kleinstarkleinstar germanyBeta Tester Posts: 51
    edited May 2023

This would be okay per channel - but with this function you couldnt layer two sounds anymore.
    I personally would like this function, because I jam a lot - but we shouldnt clutter this here too much :)

Post edited by kleinstar on
    AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited May 2023

+1 I need that feature too.

Post edited by Alter on
    djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

but with this function you couldnt layer two sounds anymore.

Maybe optional ?

Or that normal msgs (keypresses, pitch, modwheel) from a keyboard are automatically assigned when you are on a channel (midi and internal).

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608
    edited May 2023

has to be optional as @djAzid mentioned, there are use cases where you want multiple clips on the same midi channel.

there also needs to be unlearn all midi CC knobs. if you have a synth template where every knob is mapped to external gear (to control deluge's synth engine), then you save the synth as a new synth for the project. the next time you open your synth template to make, say a pad, all those knobs will affect the bass synth, even if they keyboard midi is unlearned.

Post edited by reza on
    ndguardianndguardian Posts: 2

@djAzid - if I can rephrase the ask, this sounds like something that I've been wishing for, which is "autolearn note/pitch bend/modwheel input to select clip."

As someone who likes to quickly jump through clips, even for the same track, this would be a godsend for making the most of my Deluge as I don't have to worry about "oh I had my keyboard mapped here so either I need to map note input on another channel or I need to unlearn the previous one before playing again." It also gets you around the limit of 16 mapped clips you can play before unlearning because one of them is now infinitely reusable.

Presumably we could set a default channel for that so we can still map specific channels to specific clips in case we wish to play different clips separately.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Something like the blue hand of Ableton. Whenever your switch the instrument, the MIDI mapping switches with you.

FnordFnord CanadaBeta Tester Posts: 21

@jensg said:
    Something like the blue hand of Ableton. Whenever your switch the instrument, the MIDI mapping switches with you.

+1 on this!