Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Midi Clock via USB - How to get rid of Noise (Grounding?)

tingeltingel Hamburg / GermanyPosts: 43

Ahoi,

How do i get rid of the rustling noises that appears when i use the usb-port for getting a midi clock? - is there a good opportunity of grounding or some other hack?

Cheers, Arne

Tagged:

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 610

is your usb cable a usb-b to usb-a? and if so (or whatever usb-b to usb-# it is) does it have a ferrite choke ground on it? if not i would suggest getting a usb cable that has a ferrite choke which provides a ground and suppresses noise!

tingeltingel Hamburg / GermanyPosts: 43

Actually i don't had a ferrite choked cable today... i'll try that idea and tell you if it worked! Thanks for that idea!

FlockyFlocky Munich Posts: 2

Could you describe the rustling noise a bit more. In Germany we mainly have problems with the 60cyle hum which usually can be easily detected by ear. If it is not continuous and it is more like a clackling, then it is highly probable that it might be a bad contact, which is usually the case if cable start to break somewhere close after the connector or the isolation between to cable poles is somehow damaged inside or outside.