Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

SD card corrupted by Deluge / PC??

scribsscribs USAPosts: 6

After removing the (then totally functional) SD card from my Deluge and plugging it into my Windows 11 PC, deleting some old resamples (just deleting .wav files), and putting it back into the Deluge, a "FOLD" message pops up on the Deluge screen and the file system is inaccessible. I plugged it back into my computer and now the file system is unrecognizable and needs to be deep-formatted to open. This has happened twice now, the first time requiring me to format and re-load a backup of the data. What happened??? Is there a way to get my data back (recuva did not work) and either way, how do I keep this from happening again?

I have made sure to properly eject the card every time, turn the Deluge off before inserting/removing it, and not mess with the folder structure...

Lost and frustrated,
Scribs

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

I have also submitted a help ticket via the form, as it has happened twice now and the PC is very likely not to blame. Can't rule anything out though.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

I would say make sure the lock switch isn’t engaged in the sd card. Also, try moving files (make sure all necessary folders are present) to a new sd card and see if the problem persists. Sometimes sd cards just crap out.

The lock switch is not engaged. I can't move files off the card because it is not recognized by anything anymore :( I will get a new card and try it but I really hope there is a way to get my data back.

For future reference, I’d recommend making backups often, especially before doing any reorganizing.

edited May 2023

Sure, but as it has ~15GB of samples etc on it I was hoping I would be able to delete some old recordings without needing to make a full backup and count on it corrupting... Surely that's a common use case? As it has happened twice now I suspect there is something funny going on with my Deluge.

Post edited by scribs on

Happened twice with the same card tho?
    I’m leaning towards that being the issue because I haven’t heard of the deluge causing a problem like that before

Ok, good insight. Yes, twice with the same card, and I have only tried putting the card in the PC those two times (new user). When the new card comes in I'll update here whether or not that was the case. Thanks.

The new card doesn't seem to have any problems! Thank you!