Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Buying a "numeric" Deluge now?

paolonoxpaolonox ItalyBeta Tester Posts: 3

Hello
I am trying to get a used Deluge in good conditions, but it has the "old" display.
Will new firmwares support it or sooner or later I will have to send it for upgrade? Or do you advice me gather the money and buy a new OLED one from the website?
I already have some experience with the numeric Deluge ver 3.0 and I like that vintage feel, just wanted to be sure about future updates.

Comments

synthriksynthrik Sweden Posts: 22
    edited April 2023

I was in line to get my LED Deluge retrofitted. But after @Ian_Jorgensen vowed in an email conversation that no new features would be released for OLED only and the LED hardware support would not be abandoned, when I got the notice to send in my Deluge I decided to opt out and get the retrofit deposit refunded.

Like you, I like the retro feel of the LED interface. It's part of why I chose the Deluge over other gear in the first place.

A friend of mine recently bought the OLED version, and I have to admit it looks really nice. Obviously the experience is different and it's easier to find your way around with the OLED as it can provide more simultaneous information. E.g it shows on the screen which parameter is being edited so you don't have to look at the grid for which shortcut is in blink mode. So that's convenient although strictly speaking it is redundant.

WTBS I will not hold Ian to it if one day the feature set of the LED version lags behind the OLED. The message so far though is that all fixes and features will be released for both versions.

Post edited by synthrik on
    LjkLjk Austin Tx USAPosts: 98

@paolonox said:
    Hello
    I am trying to get a used Deluge in good conditions, but it has the "old" display.
    Will new firmwares support it or sooner or later I will have to send it for upgrade? Or do you advice me gather the money and buy a new OLED one from the website?
    I already have some experience with the numeric Deluge ver 3.0 and I like that vintage feel, just wanted to be sure about future updates.

I have a 2018 unit like this with the old display. let me know if you are interested.

RupertRupert LondonPosts: 8
    edited September 2023

I was in line too: my number came up and I gapped it. I thought that if other people could do so brilliantly and impressively with the original then I could too and avoid constant purchasing etc when I loved the way this version was designed.

Post edited by Rupert on