Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Full Midi CC implementation chart

Hi, apologies if this is available. I dug through the manual and can't seem to find a full Midi CC implementation chart for controlling the Deluge via external midi or CV.
I have a CV to MIDI CC module that will work wonders here :smile: the Befaco VCMC.
Specifically, I'm after..
CC over:
1- Shift All Clip Notes (this is akin to CV over "track shift" on the Eloquencer eurorack module, super fun)
2- Racheting and/or Stutter

Thanks

Comments

KomplexKomplex Soundform RecordingsBeta Tester Posts: 82

Deluge doesn't work that way due to the flexible nature of the interface... you need to learn custom assignments per song using the learn function and an external controller.

Basically hit learn, twiddle the knobs you want to control and then twiddle your external controller.

Radius9999Radius9999 Felton, CABeta Tester Posts: 46

Yes, but the internal synth should have some kind of midi spec as an independent synth. Not the entire machine. I.E., no midi sustain pedal response, so that would be an "X" in the spec. The sequencer of course would have a different midi spec.

kbrakbra Helsinki, FinlandBeta Tester Posts: 28
    edited March 2022

The problem with that is, that whatever the internal synth responds to is fully customizable per project and track. Eg. MIDI sustain pedal is CC 64, so it will work once you learn CC 64 to some parameter in some synth clip. And then again, no MIDI CC will do anything unless you learn it. So you can't really have a MIDI spec sheet of which CCs the internal synths respond to, because they respond to whatever you map them to in the scope of things that can be mapped as MIDI-controllable.

I suppose the useful thing would be the other way round: to have a list of functions and parameters that are mappable / learnable - I suppose that's basically everything shown in the mod matrix + the few global commands like play, stop, loop etc. that are also learnable in the settings. Eg. looking at the original old post, "shift all clip notes" is not something that can be MIDI learned, you can just do it manually via the shortcuts on the device.

Post edited by kbra on

Yea, I guess I was thinking of the multisample osc. That won't respond to CC 64 for some reason. The synth does though. I didn't realize this.

johankarlssonjohankarlsson StockholmPosts: 1

What would be useful is a MIDI spec sheet for what is modifiable via MIDI and what are not.
    For the purpose of editing the XML-files manually that would be handy.
    By editing XML-files you don't have to redo the quite tedious learn operation, but just paste in your standard configuration in any new XML-file.
    Of course you could copy and paste from a existing preset/song but a spec would make automating this easier.

@kbra said:
    The problem with that is, that whatever the internal synth responds to is fully customizable per project and track. Eg. MIDI sustain pedal is CC 64, so it will work once you learn CC 64 to some parameter in some synth clip.

I think the difference here is that a the sustain pedal function via CC 64 isn't really assignable, because I've never found a parameter for sustain in the Deluge. Most other synths interpret sustain not as a parameter, but as a function. I don't have to tell any other synth what to do if I hold the sustain pedal. It just knows that I want to ring the note out as long as possible (depending on the envelope of course) as if I was still holding the key down. It is the same as ignoring (but remembering) "note off" until I let go of the sustain pedal, at which point it acknowledges all the note offs that accumulated and lets them go. There is nothing in the Deluge that is equivalent to this, which I find very strange indeed.