Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

User Mode for Deluge in next firmware update?

Sorry if a discussion for this already exists, I searched for one but couldn't find any.

I've had the Synthstrom Deluge for about four months now, and it's been great for sketching out ideas while away from home. The thing is when I am home I mostly use Ableton Live for convenience sake and so I figured It'd be cool to use my Deluge as a knock-off Push2 controller. I did some searching (found DALConnector while looking) and found people talking about how the firmware would need to allow the Deluge to be in "user mode" like how Maschine Mikro lets a program take control of its inputs. So I'm thinking, minus the Push2 thing (which would save me from needing to spend a grand and some on a Push2), would anyone else find a "user mode" helpful and if so how? What ideas do you have? What would you create?

I understand right now Synthstrom is primarily focused on the OLED retrofitting so I don't expect anything to come out any time soon, it's more of a "what if."

Comments

starrystarry UKPosts: 2

@starry said:
    Sorry if a discussion for this already exists, I searched for one but couldn't find any.

I've had the Synthstrom Deluge for about four months now, and it's been great for sketching out ideas while away from home. The thing is when I am home I mostly use Ableton Live for convenience sake and so I figured It'd be cool to use my Deluge as a knock-off Push2 controller. I did some searching (found DALConnector while looking) and found people talking about how the firmware would need to allow the Deluge to be in "user mode" like how Maschine Mikro lets a program take control of its inputs. So I'm thinking, minus the Push2 thing (which would save me from needing to spend a grand and some on a Push2), would anyone else find a "user mode" helpful and if so how? What ideas do you have? What would you create?

I understand right now Synthstrom is primarily focused on the OLED retrofitting so I don't expect anything to come out any time soon, it's more of a "what if."

Just saw rule 8 mention "feature suggestions." I'm mostly interesting in the ideas the community has. Having a thing with a low res screen that also works as a bunch of buttons seems very open to possibilities!