Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

syncing with 'clk in'

KakKak NetherlandsBeta Tester Posts: 4

Lately I've been using the Deluge's cv/gate capabilities a lot more, as I'm getting into modular. Clocking Pamela's New Workout with clock/run coming from gate 3 and 4 works perfectly. However, when I try to slave the deluge to a clock pulse from Pam's, going into the deluge's 'clk in' something weird happens. The deluge receives a clock and start/stop works... but the bpm is slightly off. 120 on pam becomes 123 on the deluge. 121, 122 and 123 on Pam the deluge also interprets as 123. Then, 124 to 127 bpm on pam the deluge receives as 127,6. from 128 to 130 as 132,5. and so on. 100 becomes 101,3. 160 becomes 164,1.
I've also tried it with a trig out of the roland tr-06, the same problem arises.
Does anyone recognize this issue or know what I'm doing wrong here?

Tagged:

Answers

KakKak NetherlandsBeta Tester Posts: 4

To follow up on this, I contacted support and Anthony kindly cleared this up:

"It's a known bug that the numerically displayed BPM can be different to what's actually played; the Deluge will still process it at the correct BPM."

"It's on our list of bugfixes for firmware updates. It's basically down to how the Deluge divides clock signals and rounds the number to display - it gets a little confused but the physical clock signals should be just fine."