Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

VSCO orchestral multisample library

2»

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017
    edited May 2021

BUMP ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post edited by Icoustik on

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

KushoKusho Christchurch, NZBeta Tester Posts: 17

Thanks for this!

Just in case anyone else gets confused: there are a couple of errors -the clarinet filenames don't match the xml, same with harp, piccolo and a couple others. For those you can build the synth instrument from scratch by loading the multisamples.
    Some of the file names imply round-robin use ("RR") but I thought that wasn't possible in the luge?

Cheers

ehahkenehahken United KingdomPosts: 7

ive installed these samples and presets as described yet when I try load one of the presets it flashes "file" and the presets are empty. Any idea what might be going wrong?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603

@ehahken most likely you placed the multisamples in a folder that isn't the same as where the XML files point to. first post of this thread brings up this step:

"Place the samples folder (for example: "Ron VSCO-2-CE-master") in the following filepath on your SD card: SAMPLES/Multisamples/Ron VSCO-2-CE-master
    (If you don't have a folder called specifically "Multisamples" in your SAMPLES folder, create one.)"

ehahkenehahken United KingdomPosts: 7

Thanks for the advice. As far as I can see everything is placed exactly as the instructions specify. I must be overlooking something really obvious. I'll keep tinkering and when I resolve it I'll post the solution here for anyone else who may have the same issue.

NoisecraftNoisecraft BelgiumPosts: 1
    edited June 2022

Hi, i just loaded this this sample lib, and i noticed that these beautiful stereo samples are all panned hard left in the default presets. What's the value I should edit the XML to for it to be default centered?

Also, there seem to be plenty of presets that don't load properly or overload the deluge... loads of crackling sounds, and many presets don't produce sound at all. can anyone test whether they can reproduce?

Post edited by Noisecraft on
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 603
    edited June 2022

@Noisecraft you would have to set all pans in each offending XML to: from "0x80000000" to "0x00000000"
    or just set pan to 0 from the deluge itself and overwrite the presets one at a time.

as for the crackling sounds, there's a bug introduced in firmware 4.0 that can cause crackling sounds, there's currently a beta that addresses the issue so an updated 4.0.1 firmware is incoming. as for no sound for some presets, does the screen display "FILE" or anything when you load the preset? either the file isn't there (you could hit shift+browse to see if a sample preview plays or not) or something else is a afoot.

edit: actually, i ended up downloading this library and looking out for the no-sound presets. i noticed that when you download the zip file from google drive of the whole collection, that you have to download two separate zip files. that could contribute to some missing sounds so double check that. but i still have some presets, like clarinets, that produce no sound despite having a properly linked sample set. keep you posted if i discover anything

Post edited by reza on
    IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Updated link for the presets

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

GlobbitGlobbit LeidenPosts: 2

Help! I can't seem to get this one to work. I uploaded the files to the SD card as described. When I switch on my Deluge and go the synths, the name appears on the screen but no sound is made. Could it be something to do with the Ron VSCO-2-CE-master file? When I downloaded the zip, it had many many subfolders; does this matter? Do I need to combine them all?

Tcb37Tcb37 Maryland Posts: 1
    edited March 2023

@Globbit said:
    Help! I can't seem to get this one to work.

Initially I also couldn’t get it to work. I then loaded the Strings file from the master file into “Multisample” and followed the instructions on this YouTube page and that worked

Post edited by Tcb37 on