Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Midi footswitch question

bracketsbrackets BarcelonaPosts: 25

Hi!

I recently adquired the http://amtelectronics.com/new/amt-fs-2midi/ , just for map it to tge record button of tge deluge.

I followed the process for learn the footswitch ( the two different procedures explained in the deluge manual), but I can't make it work (no 'set' message in the deluge screen, or the record button being activated with the footswitch.

Anyone with experience with this pedal?Or any midi nerd that can help me?

Manual: http://amtelectronics.com/new/manuals/FS2M-manual-ENG.pdf

Thanksa lot in advance!!

Tagged:

Comments

Hey there Brackets - I think you need to work out if your pedal can send midi note messages. A problem I've come into is that most foot pedal controllers only send Program Change messages (because they're designed for guitarists wanting to change between pedal board settings), but the deluge will only respond to note-on messages for most commands (and CCs for some parameters, but this is not really useful for one-push foot pedals). This could be worth a feature request post.

If it doesn't send note messages - you can either buy an event processor from Midi Solutions (which is a bit expensive), or you can buy a new footswitch that sends note messages. I ended up buying Source Audio midi foot pedal which can be programmed to send any message.

Looking at your manual - it looks like it will only send CC or Program Change messages sorry!

Thanks for the answer!!
    Maybe I hack some cheap midi keyboard, not preety, but I'm broke right now.

I tried toma the record button with a note from a midi keyboard, and works perfect. I ll try to hack it in a midi pedal

Luckily I have a midipal, I think I can filter and transform notes, maybe I can make my midi footswitch work

Ah nice work! Yes good ideas.

T