Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Can You Slice a Time Stretched Sample

EvilpilliEvilpilli NorwayPosts: 14

I'm going to try again.
Is there a way to slice a sample that you have time-stretched?
Say I load a sample in a new kit, stretch it to fit 4 bars.
Can I then slice that time-stretched sample? Or do I need to resample it and then slice it?
Slightly relevant question, when loading a sample into an audio clip, I lose the ability to place it in the arranger. The clip only shows up as white, and cannot be changed. Am I missing something?

Best Answers

LegsMechanicalLegsMechanical United StatesPosts: 49
    Answer ✓

You gotta either resample and then slice or slice and then stretch the slices.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

Try scrolling up in the arranger. The correct track row for that clip may be out of sight.

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

@Evilpilli said:

>

Slightly relevant question, when loading a sample into an audio clip, I lose the ability to place it in the arranger. The clip only shows up as white, and cannot be changed. Am I missing something?

Just hold the white clip in the arranger and turn the select knob. That should cycle through the clips associated with that track in song view.

EvilpilliEvilpilli NorwayPosts: 14
    edited March 2023

Good to know! Thank you, I'll stop searching, and get down with the resample workflow instead :p

@Too_Mere:
    Just hold the white clip in the arranger and turn the select knob. That should cycle through the clips associated with that track in song view.

Thank your for the response, I tried that, but it did nothing. I tried the same thing with two different samples. I could maybe shot a video of the problem. I'm probably missing a detail. I'll try to look through the manual again too.
    Cheers
    Evilpilli

Post edited by Evilpilli on