Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

extensive audio clip recording into Deluge

I have been recently recording a lot of parts from external instruments and have some impressions to share plus some questions.

So first, it is a godsend that you can record as much as you want, as long parts as you like. On this occasion I have found out a workaround to something that I think was believed as a limitation of present versions, ie. that you can't set audio clip start. well, you can, in waveform.
Also, juggling multiple clips, adding ever more does not get you too much out of the flow. If anyone has, however, a way to set launchpad to support this some way like with blackbox, that would be really cool. Otherwise, create a new track and make it audio gets you ready for recording another part.

However, I was struggling with recording new clips once some 40-bar long phrases were aleady playing - D would wait and wait and wait for all that to come full cycle. Likewise with stopping the recording, so if you want to just do two bars, you first wait for the "proper" moment to start recording, then for stopping recording, and you end up with very long loops.

One workaround is brute force and concerns only stopping. If you don't care about the clip looping evenly to the beat, and I did not in this case as most of the stuff was drone-like, you can shift+audition to force stop.

Another is to stop all that's playing - so you don't want the needed part to be scattered or otherwise far from the new track, stop playback, start playback, press record, press audition on new audio track and once it does start, and in this case it should be soon, you can retrigger those accompaniment parts.

Is there a reasonable workaround?

Comments

KakKak NetherlandsBeta Tester Posts: 4

I usually create an empty audio track, just one or a few bars long and then while it’s playing press rec + the row beneath it. You can record for as long as you like, it’ll be a multiple of that first loop. Then for the next loop you can repeat this, press rec + the row beneath the first audio track, it’ll start recording right away and it’ll only have to be as long as that one or another multiple of it.
    (Simply put: press rec + the row beneath your shortest loop.)
    Hope this helps.