β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Kraftwerk Sound?

Wolf_TWolf_T SpainPosts: 39

I am a Kraftwerk fan but not yet able to build appropriate sounds with the deluge. If someone has equivalent synths I would be happy if he could share it.

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

I would think kraftwerk sounds are pretty basic. You should be able to make them on your own following tutorials like this one

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

MohnJaddenMohnJadden United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 6

Boards of Deluge #2 has a preset named "It's More Fun to Deluge": https://synth-patches.com/deluge/boards-of-deluge-2/ The name is 100% a hint to a kraftwerky pluck.

I myself would love to get presets, settings, details, etc. that'd lead to some good Kraftwerkish minimalist sounds, but I'd imagine a lot of it is trying to figure out sound design stuff to get close. I'm honestly surprised there's no "here's how to achieve Kraftwerk sounds with a generic subtractive synth" out there yet.

Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52

The devices behind the sounds you hear on the Computer World and Man Machine albums comprise of monophonic synthesizers of the day and a set of gated effects such as a reverb I believe. Especially in Computer World's track It's More Fun To Compute. Very crafty sounds there. They probably used one of the early CV/Gate sequencers of Roland I suspect. I doubt they used a Buchla synth. Kraftwerk also made melodic tracks with less adventurous sounddesign.

The reason there's no how-to on Kraftwerk's sounds has probably to do with the combination of effects and multiple synthesizers with nifty patching involved with the creation of their sounds. It's too complicated.

dannytaurusdannytaurus Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 31
    edited March 2023

There are a few Kraftwerk synths in my Famous Sounds pack:
    https://meatbeats.gumroad.com/l/famous-sounds-deluge

I'm hoping to add more soon.

Post edited by dannytaurus on