Deluge firmware V4.1.3 released (currently for OLED only)
Deluge firmware V4.1.3 is out now! This is a "minor" firmware update containing mostly fixes relating to OLED functionality. It is currently for the OLED Deluge only. (More on the classic "numeric" Deluge below.)
--- Download V4.1.3 (OLED) here ---
* Fixed a memory fragmentation problem that was slowing down performance and causing audio/voice dropouts when many audio files (e.g. multisampled instruments) had been loaded since power-on.
* Fixed audio dropouts or glitching when reading a folder’s contents (e.g. when changing presets).
* Fixed crash or strange behaviour with some sample names, particularly those containing underscores.
* Loading a sample as “BASIC” now resets that oscillator’s transpose.
* File browser on OLED Delue now wraps around at the start and end, like on the numeric Deluge.
* Fixed behaviour of editing note velocity or probability/iteration-dependence on OLED Deluge.
* Fixed misleading visual glitch occurring after user deletes a file.
* Fixed problem accessing “CLONE” function for presets.
* Fixed obscure crash under very specific circumstances in waveform view.
To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.
Please take this opportunity to back up the data from your SD card while it's in your computer. Any storage technology can fail, and we want your work to be safe regardless.
Future firmware updates for classic "numeric" Deluge
In the near future, we'll begin releasing every firmware number/version as two separate builds - one for the OLED Deluge, and one for the numeric. We have this setup functioning great here at the Synthstrom office, but these numeric-Deluge builds are just not quite ready to release yet. Possibly next time?
These two different types of build are from the same, latest codebase, which will continue to support both kinds of Deluge. This ensures that all future fixes and features which aren't 100% reliant on the OLED display will be available for Deluges old and new. This will also allow song files to be exchanged between both types of Deluge. (Currently, the numeric Deluge can't read files written by the OLED Deluge's newer V4.1.x firmware.)