Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Feature Suggestion: Improved Sampler Capabilities

hexagonhexagon United StatesPosts: 3
edited February 2023 in General Discussion

Hello, the Deluge's sample engine is quite limited. Sample Robot supports export to Deluge, but I have found the sampling of Keyscape's pianos, for example, to sound very flat and stiff sounding on the Deluge. I would love to see the sampler be expanded to include the following features:

• Support for more than two velocity layers, and automated import so you need not manually do the OSC1/2 hack.
    -Support for randomized rotation of samples of a given velocity range, allowing for much more organic sounding pianos and synthesizers.
    -Support for 'key off' triggers
    -Perhaps support for standardized sample formats such as Kontakt, which I believe may support some of the features above

I believe these features would upgrade the Deluge's sampler from adequate to excellent. You could sample or download very accurate representations of your favorite instruments, and take them anywhere with the Deluge!

Post edited by hexagon on

Comments

Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52

I believe the Kontakt sample format is proprietary not?

"Key off" triggers: do you mean that the sample player jumps to loop end point on key release? If so I believe this feature should be simple to implement.

hexagonhexagon United StatesPosts: 3
    edited February 2023

You may be right about the Kontakt format being proprietary— I am not sure about that.

What I mean is, in Keyscape or Omnisphere, when you release a key, it can trigger another sound. It is often used to mimic the natural vibration and finger sounds that actual pianos make when lift your fingers off the keys. It may sound like a small detail, but when you hear it in action, it really is amazing.

You can hear it in some of these examples: (jump to 4:24)

I do not believe it is just jumping to the loop end of the sample you are playing.

I suppose this is more of a nice to have than the bullets above it, which really would make a big difference in making Deluge's sampler more organic sounding.

Post edited by hexagon on