Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Multi sample naming conventions

manysoundsmanysounds The GunksBeta Tester Posts: 43
edited October 2022 in General Discussion

First off, it’s unclear to me if the D supports velocity layers.
2nd, I used what I thought was good naming but the D still assigned some notes strangely. I had files named ToyPNO-C2, ToyPNO-F#2, ToyPNO-C3, etc -some were assigned not where they were named. Some high notes have some clear undertones, admittedly, but I assumed naming notes would override the D’s automagic sample tuning.
So, that.
Can we name things like: Bong_C2_40, Bong_C2_70, Bong_C2_100, Bong_F#2_40, etc etc etc?
I can’t seem to find the info in the manual.

Post edited by manysounds on

Comments

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited November 2022

Deluge probably does not support velocity layers. To make sure the order is correctly recognized, you could add MIDI note numbers like:
    Bong_048_C2.wav
    Bong_054_F#2.wav

I think deluge disables pitch detection if there is "smpl" RIFF chunk in the wav file.

Post edited by Alter on
    Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52
    edited January 2023

My experience is that the Deluge still uses pitch detection to assign the samples to key ranges even if you name them like Bong_048_C2, etc. The assigning goes totally wrong. And that is because of the nature of the samples in my case. They have a short decay/release (zero sustain). It would be a good idea to add a disable pitch detection option in the OS so that the assigning can be forced by filename order. Now the Deluge is simply failing with sounds that have extreme waveform dynamics and there's nothing implemented in the OS to fix that problem.

Post edited by Phoebus1966 on
    Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52

@Alter said:
    Deluge probably does not support velocity layers. To make sure the order is correctly recognized, you could add MIDI note numbers like:
    Bong_048_C2.wav
    Bong_054_F#2.wav

I think deluge disables pitch detection if there is "smpl" RIFF chunk in the wav file.

Are you able to disable pitch detection and if so how?

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100
    edited February 2023

When using MPC/MPC Beats autosampler, samples are properly tagged and avoid deluge pitch detection.

Post edited by Alter on