Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Possible to suppress blue colour entirely in LED scheme?

0xF00xF0 Earth, Solar SystemBeta Tester Posts: 15

Is it possible to eliminate the use of the blue LEDs entirely on the Deluge? I'm quite sensitive to it, and it has other health effects for night jams, and I'm wondering if, with the customization options available, a colour palette can be set that just doesn't use any of the blue LED (out of the RGB available) for any purpose anywhere (including in any other shades that might have a B component that's non-zero)? How might I go about configuring that in my Deluge?

Answers

SixQuartFlushSixQuartFlush Denver, Colorado, USAPosts: 14

I like the intention but that may be difficult to implement. Have you tried blue light blocking glasses at night?

0xF00xF0 Earth, Solar SystemBeta Tester Posts: 15

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately those don't solve the problem* because then any use of blue that's significant will not be visible and colours appear distorted or confusing when they primarily differentiate on blue.

I'm asking if I can change the palette to avoid blue and still keep meaningful colours, which would solve the problem at the cause and not replace it with another.

• Aside from the fact that they are debatably ineffective, not least because you also have blue light sensitivity in your skin, and light can get around the glasses into your eyes too, among other reasons. But it's kind of you to offer the idea!
    rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604

i could be wrong, but any circular pads that only emit blue will only have that color option for the LED's