ā€ŗ
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How modular is the Deluge

Sorry if this was already addressed in another discussion but I was wondering how "modular" is the Deluge. I'm much more interested in functions like Random, Euclidean, Conditional, patterns that evolve and change using logic etc.

Is the Deluge good for that use or it's more like every note needs to be thought and written down? Can the sequencer randomise streams of notes and then quantize them in a scale and say like, play those notes (gates) in a conditional fashion?

The discussion could be:
"how Elektron is Synthstrom?"

Comments

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49
    edited February 2023

Absolutely you can do some of this.

You have the ability to enter Euclidean patterns and adjust note probability and iteration dependence.

Iā€™m attaching some screenshots from the manual for reference!

Post edited by seangoodvibes on
    staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 62

@albuquerq_reuel said:
    Sorry if this was already addressed in another discussion but I was wondering how "modular" is the Deluge. I'm much more interested in functions like Random, Euclidean, Conditional, patterns that evolve and change using logic etc.

Is the Deluge good for that use or it's more like every note needs to be thought and written down? Can the sequencer randomise streams of notes and then quantize them in a scale and say like, play those notes (gates) in a conditional fashion?

The discussion could be:
    "how Elektron is Synthstrom?"

Let me try to answer the detailed aspects of your questions:

• Random: yes (both in sequencer and random as a modulation source)
    • Euclidian: yes (as seangoodvibes wrote above)
    • Conditional: if you mean "notes trigger events like other notes" no, Deluge can trigger notes like "every 3rd out of 5"
    • patterns that evolve and change using logic: out of the box no. Maybe there is a way by feeding a MIDI sequence back into the deluge
    • randomise streams of notes and then quantize them: no. I would love this functionality :-)

Brass side of life: JTK

seangoodvibesseangoodvibes Beta Tester Posts: 49
    edited February 2023

I also found this on the Deluge discord that might be helpful for you! Credits to 1[wild]rogue and postsolarpunk šŸ™‚

Post edited by seangoodvibes on
    EnvmodEnvmod UKPosts: 1

I also really need a randomise pattern feature. I don't want Euclidean sequences, I don't want to have to set anything other than pattern length. I want a classic randomise pattern function where you essentially press one button and it inserts random notes, accents, ties, velocity etc. Great for acid patterns and basslines generally. The Deluge is seriously lacking in this respect. Community, make it so!