β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

problem with midi learn with external controller on a midi track

canardcanard FranceBeta Tester Posts: 6

Hello,

Let me explain the problem:
I want to record an automation on a MIDI track of the Deluge (which goes to an external synth) using an external controller (faderfox PC12).
Once a Deluge knob is assigned to a CC of the external synth, I can actually record an automation with the knob of the Deluge on the Deluge ==> this is ok.
But how do you "midi learn Β» / assigned the Deluge knob with a knob of my controller (faderfox PC12)
I can't do "shift + pad (corresponding to the parameter) then learn " : i press shift and pad and nothing happen.

I can do it very well for a synth or kits track, but for a midi track, this procedure does not work.
I think it's impossible with this procedure, or I really have a problem with my machine.

If I do midi learn from my controller (faderfox pc12 has indeed midi learn too), I see that the CC sent by the Deluge matches the CC I programmed before... it's logical.
so I can control the CC with my controller (via the Deluge), but I can't record automation on the Deluge.
In other words, in this configuration: when I turn the knob of my controller, the changes don't appear on the Deluge,
but appear directly on the external synth, which doesn't allow me to record automation on the Deluge (I had previously disabled the midi thru).

I have reread the passage in the manual several times and it is written that it is necessary to proceed in the same way for a MIDI track as for a SYNTH or KITS track.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Check page 255, MAPPING DELUGE TO CONTROL EXTERNAL PARAMETERS in the manual. Think you looking for this.

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

miguelmcintramiguelmcintra PortugalPosts: 10

Hello,

I have the same problem with a APC40 controller. Mapping Deluge to control external parameters in the manual doesn't help, because apparently, we can't assign what is assigned to the golden knob to the external controller. And I tried everything. I also considered buying a better controller like a Faderfox to confirm that it's not a problem with my APC40.