Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Problems with drums folder to kit - only "impulses" triggered by sequencer

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111
edited January 2023 in Deluge Help

When the kit gets populated, pads play normally, but sequencer plays only very brief hits. Strangely, each pad turns out to be set to once, so a single grid pad should let the rest of hte envelope through.
When I change each pad to cut, the playback goes normal.

However, having to correct this each time misses much part of the convenience of having it done automatically.
Any way to modify the new kit preset somehow to be set to cut? Still the way it is with once ending up being a fraction might be a bug.

Post edited by TOTAL on

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

i've reported something similar in beta testing forum ( for reference if you are a beta tester: https://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/4993/v4-0-1-7seg-loading-a-lot-of-samples-to-a-kit-via-all-will-lead-to-cut-off-sample-playback#latest )

in my case, i had over 75 samples loaded in one kit. how many samples did you load in your kit? firmware and OLED or non-OLED?

a temporary workaround for you is after you've populated your kit, hit shift+sample mode, then hold AFFECT ALL when switching to CUT and confirming that sample mode. each row will be switched to cut

Affect all, well, deluge never ceases to surprise. many thanks.
    No, I am not a beta tester as yet.

LED, a dozen samples.
    As you guys support the Team, why do an inception of an idea: affect all kind of stuff to get Deluge to automatically remove all samples which are not played across the song ;) Coding similar to that related to telling a scale.
    With 75 samples as in your case, that's plenty of real estate given 8 rows and I am sure you load up more but use only some.

UPDATE
    A strange thing, those were a dozen congas from mars and would not play properly.
    To test affect all, I have just loaded a dozen similar percussive sounds from the same vendor (not that it matters as I think of it), they play properly right away, even though the setting is on Once. WTF...

I have an update.
    Started new project. new kit. All congas again. PLay okay out of the box, no need to change to cut. And quite reasonably.
    a new kit, all samples from neighbouring folder and this is when congas start to break even though the other clip is not playing. This is in align with the intuition I had that congas were broked by non-playing but loaded stuff. Can't see why this is so here and I could create quite dense projects on this same 4.01, even today.
    Also, stuttering increases as I enter the (blank) clip and gets noticeably better when I get out.
    This seems to have to do with the streaming.
    I did switch from original Toshiba to Kingston micro sd 128gb speed the same, 10 but could this have to do with buffer size type of fat32 formatting? The card is not even half full, so this factor can be ruled out.

The samples are 44.1

Are you using original card?

Further test on toshiba.
    a couple congas from D resources looping some rhythm

in second kit I have loaded all the resample stuff, well above 100, many 20gb or more. A slight momentary artefact only.

Looks like this must be the card, nominally the same speed. What is the optimal format buffer?

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 608

interesting. from what i've gathered, the smallest allocation unit size the better.

edited January 2023

Okay, down the line it would be good to know the rationale why small buffer is better and how important it is.

Still, I am assuming you have this buffer set so and are experiencing the issues.

Post edited by TOTAL on