Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Step automating non-effects parameters?

I don't think this is possible, but I thought I'd ask: is there a way to do step automation for non-effect parameters (or as I call them "gold knob" parameters)?

For instance, say I'm making glitch. I have 3 custom gold knob params that I can assign, but what if I really wanted to mangle the sample in many different ways? I want to reverse just one step, bitcrush, pitch shift, EQ, etc etc. Is there a way to do single step automation without using the gold knobs (or at least not being limited to 3 params)?

Best Answer

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USAPosts: 993
    Answer ✓

Step automation can only be done with the gold knobs. That said, you are not limited to just 3 parameters. You can automate any of the gold knob parameters (except stutter) and all the gold knob parameters can be reassigned to other parameters by using the shortcut you want, then holding learn and turning the gold knob.
    Not all parameters are mappable in this way. Reverse, for example, is not mappable. You would have to create a new row with the same sample set to reverse.