โ€บ
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Looping in Clip-View

nebtugnebtug DeutschlandPosts: 29
edited November 2022 in Deluge Help

I want to work on more complex melodic progressions. Is there an easy way to loop only a specific part in clip-view? For example:

If I work on a Synth-Clip that is 16-Bars long - how do I loop the last 4 bars? What's the workflow... do you guys 'split' longer melodies into multiple clips so you don't have to wait for the first 12 bars over and over again?

Post edited by nebtug on

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

There isnโ€™t a way to loop only a portion of a clip.

You can start playback from any point in a clip currently in view by holding the horizontal knob while pressing play.

You could also duplicate the clip, press and hold the vertical knob while turning the horizontal knob to move the start of the desired loop to the beginning of the clip, then trim off the end with shift + horizontal knob.
    You could edit this portion then copy and paste it into the full length clip.

nebtugnebtug DeutschlandPosts: 29

Awesome! Thanks a bunch Too_Mere - I can work with that. Duplicating the clip and moving the start of the loop as you described is a good workaround.

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Happy to help! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ