Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MIDI Keyboard not working with deluge

Hi all, sorry for this generic problem, but none of the solutions I could find worked so far.
I am using a M-Audio KeyRig 49 but I cant get it to work with the deluge. If i connect it to my computer, I can see that I sends the correct messages without installing a driver first, so plug and play.
I tried swapping the cable. Or even switching the direction of the cable. Turning the deluge off and on, turning the KeyRig off and on and all possible combinations. Testing all 16 Midi channels. Nothing.
I can connect the deluge to my AKAI APC Key 25 with no problem, so I know how it should work generally. Also I couldn't find any firmware updates for the KeyRig.
What is going on?

Comments

HeptagenHeptagen Posts: 277

Bonus info: the promised "MIDI" message in the display when attaching the keyboard does not appear, but instead when I unplug it, it says "DETA", which seems to mean "detached".

And if it wasn't clear in the initial post: I am trying to learn the keyboard to a synth clip with no success.

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62
    edited February 2021

Hi Heptagen,
    And you are connecting the Keyrig direct to the Deluge (using it as a midi-host)?

Is your Deluge firmware at the latest?

Post edited by ceetronic on

Thanks for your answer.
    Yes it's plugged in directly and the firmware is the latest. The 3 leds of the keyboard are illuminated and the deluge is powered by a DC adapter

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62
    edited February 2021

Is the Keyrig on the supported list of controllers for the Deluge?

I can see this post, but I'm sure there is a list somewhere...
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2341/list-of-tested-and-supported-controllers-with-deluges-usb-hosting

Post edited by ceetronic on

Its not on the list but the M-Audio Keystation 49e is and they look identical.

mchestmchest wellingtonPosts: 3

I've been getting my head round this too:
    are you in synth mode? in kit mode you gotta see page 232 of manual "12.3 MIDI In" & you only get single note triggering, or whatever you set up.
    ?

@mchest thanks for your answer. yes I am in synth mode. I use a USB keyboard, other than that I have done everything like it's written under 12.3.
    I have no trouble connecting my other keyboard with the deluge using the same steps.

mchestmchest wellingtonPosts: 3

@Heptagen certainly having weirdness with this also. using microfreak. using midi cable can get the MF to learn & trigger kit sounds fine, but to play the synth - no. It has worked a few times, but currently i can't get it working. Tried the cable with another midi keyboard (evolution 61), same result, triggers kit ok, no synth. Rather frustrating!

RellipsRellips Surrey, UKPosts: 4

I'm in a similar position. Tried KORG nanokeys2 connects, is powered but no MIDI... Bought an Arturia MICROLAB same problem..

Really frustrated..

RellipsRellips Surrey, UKPosts: 4

@Rellips said:
    I'm in a similar position. Tried KORG nanokeys2 connects, is powered but no MIDI... Bought an Arturia MICROLAB same problem..

Really frustrated..