Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

SD slot to USB? Is this what I think it is?

Radius9999Radius9999 Felton, CABeta Tester Posts: 46

What is this? It appears to be a simultaneous SD card reader via SD slot and USB. There's very little info on the site. If it is what I think it is, it would be great for the Deluge by not having to constantly pull the card in and out. Anyone's guess?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255799931346416.html

Comments

shoodashooda UKBeta Tester Posts: 10

I think with this you plug a sd card into the black box and then you have a choice of host that you can plug into, either usb or SD. Kinda like a port saver, you can use this to test/read/format a lot of memory cards without wearing out the port/connector on the host. Similar to a SD extension cable - https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-White-Black-SD-to-Micro_60632312677.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_image.40d3e0d1OohoZk

I coud be talking absolute dung, but I think it's that.

Yes, that's what I think. I ordered it since it's cheap enough, but it will probably be a month or so before I receive it. I was just thinking that I could move files back and forth to the sd card directly without having to remove it from the Deluge, something that the wireless SD card tried to achieve. It may not work simultaneously though. I'll report back once I receive and test it.

shoodashooda UKBeta Tester Posts: 10

I'd be very interested in your results. I've been looking for something like this too. I've looked into emulating a SD card, it is possible on linux but apparently frought with edge cases and as I remember reported as being pretty flaky. The search goes on for the dream of easy file management!

Well I finally received it but it doesn't do what I thought. Evidently it's just two separate extensions tied into one box. Usb and SD. So all it's good for is an SD extension. Bummer. Oh well, I guess I'll have to break down and buy a wireless sd card. It appears that the Toshiba FlashAir 3rd Generation will support any file type and be able to be browsed via windows, but I'm not sure if the card itself is fast enough.

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111
    edited October 2022

Great to know such a solution as wifi sd exists. Even one step further, link

I have a 128 gb long unused sd card, and an adapter will make it wireless.

Post edited by TOTAL on

Yea, the problem with those wifi adapters is that the browser is limited to certain file types. It does seem to do mp3 and wav, but you won't be able to do anything else, or even backup the entire card. That's why that Toshiba W-03 is so interesting. It's the only one I've seen with full access. https://mattshub.com/blogs/blog/flashair-sd-card

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111

You may want to check for ToshibaAir posts in this forum first because some user reported serious issues with it to the extent he would resign from using it altogether (so maybe he will want to sell it to you if you are feeling lucky).

SD remote looks pretty amazing on paper though. I don't know why the dedicated android app works only with Toshiba's cards, and only that no longer produced model, but there must be some solid technical reasons, I reckon.

Yes, I looked at those posts. But they seem to be using Downrush, which doesn't seem to be necessary with the W-03 version. With the link I showed it should work just be like a mapped network drive.

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 62
    edited November 2022

Have a look at https://www.ebay.de/itm/265689753420?
    This adaptor has the form factor of an SD card, has a micro sd card slot and acts as a WIFI access point which your computer can connect to. You computer can fully access to the cards content over webdav which most operating systems/file browsers support. This may be a solution.:-)
    The downside is that you need to compile the github code and load it on the controller. This can get nerdy :smile:

Post edited by staubi on

Brass side of life: JTK