Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is lack of velocity sensitivity on Deluge pads a hardware or software limitation?

i.e. Is it anticipated this will be implemented in firmware? Or is this a "never on this hardware" thing?

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

hardware limitation, for sure.
    why produce expensive velo sensitive buttons if you dont implement it anyway :)

JahraJahra Posts: 17

guess it is the hardware too

o0_o0_ SANTA MONICAPosts: 107

the synth engine correctly receives velocity over MIDI, but yeah, none of the buttons are velocity sensitive. they are just switches, and can only detect on and off states.

MafooMafoo Posts: 53

If a Deluge 2 came out with velocity sensitive pads i'd jump for joy. It is really tedious having to manually enter drum hit velocities to try and humanize. I've been using a beatstep as a drum pad, but that is pretty tedious at times too.

patchpatch IrelandPosts: 20

The grid would be able to be used to enter note velocity in the same way as korg gadget does. Basically drawing it in.
    Maybe once the waveform visual feature is implemented that could be a nice next step.

rohanrohan Staff Posts: 590

Yup it's totally hardware.

erlandsenerlandsen SwedenPosts: 2

I've kind of got my hopes up a teensy bit... since the retrofit of the OLED display I am having wet dreams about someone hacking the Deluge to have at least the 8 "audition" pads to the right velocity and pressure sensitive. My poor knowledge of these things lets me believe there could be some way to use force/pressure sensitive film underneath each of these 8 pads, and then calculating velocity from the rate of force/pressure change initially (and do the same for release velocity) - this way the only addition would be the force/pressure sensitive film and the added electronics for scanning and decoding these in some clever way. Please, someone, invent this! That would add tremendous value and usability to the already wonderful device as a stand-alone music making tool / instrument! /=j

AlterAlter TokyoPosts: 100

If the keyboard view of a kit could be like MPC's 16 levels, it would be nice.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 247

I'd recommend getting an Akai LPD8 for drum pads and relatively inexpensive.