Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

folders / designated locations / parameter section

I somehow moved my kit folder to an unknown location on my SD card and had no access to the original kit sounds.
I finally located them and made sure NOT to have them inside any other folders, once again I have access to the stock kit sounds

...but now I have ZERO access to the PARAMETER controls with anything NEW that I create.
[the entire PARAMETER section works when I open EXISTING FOLDERS]

question, is there a mandatory/designated location/ order area location for kits, sounds, and XLM files on a SD card in order for it work correctly?

plaese, if anyone can help

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

The KITS, SAMPLES, SONGS, and SYNTHS folders all need to be in the root level of the SD card to function properly. XMLs can be organized in whatever sub folders you like within those three folders.
    Any samples used in songs or presets shouldn’t be moved or those songs and presets will no longer find the necessary samples.

michaelmoogmichaelmoog USAPosts: 14

@Too_Mere said:
    The KITS, SAMPLES, SONGS, and SYNTHS folders all need to be in the root level of the SD card to function properly. XMLs can be organized in whatever sub folders you like within those three folders.
    Any samples used in songs or presets shouldn’t be moved or those songs and presets will no longer find the necessary samples.

thank you @Too_Mere for responding

ok, forgive me if this sounds dumb. how do I know if I'm in a root level? and I think I've definitely moved some samples around already because a few of my songs information appears but no sound...
    would any of this have anything to do with me not having access to the parameter section? I have access in the clip mode, but not the song.
    did I really screw things up??

The root level is just not inside any folders. It’s the first thing you see when opening the SD card on your computer.

In song view the parameters may not be showing if “affect entire” is off. They should come back if you turn that on.

If a song or preset isn’t playing the samples you can open the XML file in any text editing software and see the file paths. If you then find the sample on the SD card and move it to the correct location it should work.

OMG, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I am determined to get this box down to a science.
    btw, saw your videos of you rocking it. very nice!!!!

Thanks! 😊
    Happy to help!