Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Gold Custom 1, transpose on kits: can I MIDI control it, or similar, for all sounds in a kit?

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

I love playing with Gold Custom 1 on kits, taking the whole kit right down to mushy town, or right up high to chirrups. I know it's not controlling a standard parameter, it's some weird coarse transpose. But how can I best control something similar using an external midi controller? For_ all_ sounds in a kit, all at the same time on one external midi cc knob?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

The affect entire kit parameters are not currently mappable.
    To get the same effect, you’d need to map a knob to each row’s transpose parameter. Or just use the gold knob.

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57
    edited September 2022

Oh weird. Is there a reason why, do we know? I mean, is it an oversight or is there a deeper reason that means it'll never be done?

Also, it would be good to know if there's a list of mappable and non mappable things, it was a bit surprising (no drama, blahblah) that arpeggiator sync rate and other things couldn't be controlled by external knobs. External knob controllers like EC4 are incredibly good for easy, menu free, simultaneous and instant access to lots of parameters on lots of different tracks (and indeed devices!).

Post edited by pogodance on
    Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Well one thing is that you go into shortcuts to learn MIDI. And affect entire parameters don’t have shortcuts.

Mostly only parameters that are 0-50 values can be mapped.