Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

aftertouch and arturia keystep

janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35
edited September 2022 in General Discussion

Hi.

I am having issues getting the aftertouch with the arturia keystep working properly. First of all, when using aftertouch without changing any settings the sound just gets louder. Is there a way to turn that off by default somehow?
My next try was adding vibrato by holding shift+vibrato+aftertouch and adding some value to it. But that doesn`t do anything either.
Am I doing something wrong?
The same would go for the mod wheel, how can I assign anything to the mod wheel in general?

Thanks for every help
Jan

Post edited by janbert on

Comments

rezareza los angelesModerator, Beta Tester Posts: 604
    edited September 2022

1) Unfortunately, Deluge has MASTER LEVEL patched to AFTERTOUCH to 33 by default since the 4.0 update. There isn't a way to turn it off by default, but if you press SHIFT+MASTER LEVEL, then SHIFT+AFTERTOUCH you can set the 33 value to 0 which will remove volume getting louder with aftertouch. I overwrote the first patch that comes up on my Deluge to have that set to 0 so at least if I start a patch it'll be "default" turned off on load. (Anytime you make a new synth SHIFT+SYNTH, the aftertouch volume setting will be back to 33 though.)

2) VIBRATO is just a shortcut of MASTER TRANSPOSE to LFO1 adjusting LFO1 value. So when you patch VIBRATO to AFTERTOUCH it kind of works differently than one simple parameter to aftertouch patching. Luckily I figured this out: SHIFT+VIBRATO, then SHIFT+AFTERTOUCH, set AFTERTOUCH to 50. Nothing will work yet, now hit SHIFT+VIBRATO and set to the amount you want while using aftertouch. Should work now!

3) Assign to modwheel: Select the parameter you want e.g. LPF FREQUENCY. SHIFT+LPF FREQ so the value shows up on the display, next while holding LEARN/INPUT turn your MOD WHEEL. It should now be assigned.

Cheers!

Post edited by reza on
    janbertjanbert VancouverPosts: 35

Oh man, thank you so much. It's quite funny, I pressed some buttons before and somehow I got vibrato and aftertouch working, but I couldn`t tell how I did it.
    One more mystery solved for me with the deluge :))

Thanks again
    Jan