Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Jungle Break Kits

I've made a few jungle break kits at this point, but most of them are made from classic breaks.
Two questions:

Would it be okay to post kits made from breaks like the Amen, Apache, think, etc etc that have been used thousands of times?

Is anyone interested?

Comments

alphaminusalphaminus United StatesPosts: 44

Also, any specific breaks anyone wants? If we decide that the copyright issue is too risky, I can gin up some reasonable similar sounding ones with the right microtiming and play feel.

Here's a link to a full Amen kit with all of the hits, shuffles, and a couple of reverses and FX. It's good from 160 to 175 BPM or so and all the sounds are in a choke group for easy mono tracker stylings. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1179LHvjwj-PF0H67-V5IYEH9eu6d6OJ8/view?usp=sharing
    If PPL like it, I have a ton of others made from other breaks configured in different ways for different approaches.

If it's too tricky to place the samples and kits, I can also make a dummy song with some kits in it.

o_oo_o Beta Tester Posts: 28

This is a great idea 🙂 I already have the common breaks as kits, but just as simple 8ths slices, without any reverses or FX. Around 100 breaks/kits in total…I'd be happy to share them here, even if you're the only other person who's interested 😄

Which kit/play settings do you use for sliced breaks? I find Cut Mode (+ Choke) pretty good because you can change the length of hits to create choppy cuts, without a "dummy" row. But I have to use the gold knob to pitch hits up/down, whereas in Stretch Mode you could do it by changing the note length 🤔

@o_o said:
    This is a great idea 🙂 I already have the common breaks as kits, but just as simple 8ths slices, without any reverses or FX. Around 100 breaks/kits in total…I'd be happy to share them here, even if you're the only other person who's interested 😄

Which kit/play settings do you use for sliced breaks? I find Cut Mode (+ Choke) pretty good because you can change the length of hits to create choppy cuts, without a "dummy" row. But I have to use the gold knob to pitch hits up/down, whereas in Stretch Mode you could do it by changing the note length 🤔

So I have a few using stretch too for easy pitching. I did an amen where half of the hits were stretch, and half cut for some variety. I frequently just do "once" like the default slice does, but take the release down to 0 and get fiddly with the start and end points on the slices to keep the transients clean and the cymbals ringing without stuttering. I also sometimes do longer phrases starting with kicks or snares to keep the flow really nice, but they're much more sensitive to small bpm adjustments.

Super interested in what you have set up, and I've got at least a few dozen break kits that are super useful in specific ways. I'd love to hear what you're doing as well.

RandomAztecRandomAztec IrelandPosts: 108

@alphaminus said:
    If it's too tricky to place the samples and kits, I can also make a dummy song with some kits in it.

yes please , always liked the genre but my drum programming not up to scratch, i be interested to see/here a song with the breaks programmed up front so i can dissect.

TOTALTOTAL Posts: 111
    edited November 2022

@alphaminus many thanks for sharing. I have been planning to get amen into my deluge actually; it's instant prodigy to me.

There is not plenty of talk here, so you may not hear it adequatly to your input but you are making amazing contribution sharing your tracks and now kits. It is very much appreciated.
    A song is self-contained, so probably the optimum for future use when there are dozens of kits.
    I think it would be good to hear from the most experienced users on how they manage their content. They may have already done some essential trial and error.

Drums and sounds are always welcome as they take a lot of time to refine (or is it my level of competence).

Even presets themselves based on the factory sample base can surprise with their diversity. I am building a selection of presets and am going to share soon too.

Post edited by TOTAL on

I appreciate you putting this work out here :smile: I’m excited to play with these breaks.

tokidokizenzentokidokizenzen USAPosts: 1
    edited December 2022

@alphaminus Thanks for the kit. This is just what I was looking for.

Post edited by tokidokizenzen on
    oneANToneANT ɹǝpun uʍop puɐlPosts: 73

am gonna try these for sure ..
    Awesome of you ..

ant

jesiahjesiah United StatesPosts: 8

much appreciated! i have my own amen samples i've made, but really enjoy working with others' slightly different slices. will probably share mineat some point (though I made them on the opz, not sure how they'll transfer)

Abusch419Abusch419 Duluth GA Posts: 5

Definitely interested - where can I download?

I'd love to ear them. I'm gonna check them iut as soon as i can. I m looking for beñreaks just rught now

nilscreatesnilscreates nelson, nzBeta Tester Posts: 29

@alphaminus said:
    Here's a link to a full Amen kit with all of the hits, shuffles, and a couple of reverses and FX. It's good from 160 to 175 BPM or so and all the sounds are in a choke group for easy mono tracker stylings. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1179LHvjwj-PF0H67-V5IYEH9eu6d6OJ8/view?usp=sharing
    If PPL like it, I have a ton of others made from other breaks configured in different ways for different approaches.

Noiiiiice! A bit of a breakcore / amen aficionado myself, so this is great. Would love to share a few more around... thanks for putting in the work!