Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Internal (Leader) Tempo Automation?

OctavianOctavian CanadaPosts: 67

Hi there, is it possible to automate tempo across either single clips or arrangements? If not, is this on the product roadmap?

Comments

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Not really a feature currently. There is a workaround involving a MIDI cable from out to in. Then learning notes to the TAP command and sequencing them.

There is no publicly available roadmap of upcoming firmware updates.

@Too_Mere I'm trying to figure out exactly how to map the Tap Tempo to a knob so I can use automation via the Midi Out/In workaround you mentioned, but when I bring 'TAP' in focus and hold [LEARN / INPUT] then turn a rotary I get no response. Can you explain how I can map TAP Tempo so a rotary or sequence it? Thanks very much for your help as always

The TAP command, and all other commands in that menu, can only be learned to MIDI notes.
    To learn this internally with a cable you’ll have to start by sequencing a note on a MIDI clip. Then while that clip is playing you’ll have to select the tap command and hold learn button. It should sense the MIDI note being sent back in and say SET. Then it should be good to go and you can then experiment with sequencing the TAP note to get the desired effect.

oh dope it worked! Is it possible to save this MIDI track with the Tap Tempo Routing intact?

You can’t save MIDI clips/tracks. It’ll save with the song tho. Also TAP command, and the others, save globally. So Ina new song, creating a MIDI track with same channel and sequencing the same note you used will still work the same.

mumblethiefmumblethief torontoBeta Tester Posts: 12

Wow! The lack of tempo automation has been the biggest thing blocking me from using the Deluge for everything I want to; this workaround is janky as hell, but I'm overjoyed to finally have a semi-workable solution! Thanks @Too_Mere , you're my hero :0D

Haha it is janky but does the thing. Happy to help 👍🏼