Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

sustain pedal - simple solution?

Hi, is there a simple solution to get just CC64 to sustain the played synth sounds? Do I need to map this everytime new to Env1 Release? Is this not implemented because of too much voices getting used while playing?

Comments

CowboyCowboy Beta Tester Posts: 3

I've been having the same issue with Deluge (and TBH, I've had sustain-related issues with other sequencers in the past) so I wrote some code and got it working with a Teensy 4.1 as a USB device/host "proxy" so I can get the sustain pedal that's connected to my Minilab Mk2 working with Deluge.

TL;DR: The code prevents Note Off messages from being sent while Sustain (MIDI CC 64) is held, but it keeps track of them, so that when the Sustain pedal is released, all the pending Note Off messages get sent. There's a little more to it than that, but not much.

There's also some code in there that lets me use one of the Minilab Mk2 pads to control global Aftertouch, but that's easy enough to delete.

Either way, the code and a WIP photo are here, but this is very much a DIY thing: https://gist.github.com/cowboy/23e9df2897a4f63aca8f5cb9d99db814

When I finish designing the enclosure for it, I'll post the files in that gist.