Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Using keyboard mode in kits > Using oneshots in multisamples

I would like to play oneshot samples (like drums) using the keyboard mode, but it looks like the KIT mode does not offer keyboard mode; pressing the keyboard mode button while in kit mode doesn't do anything.
Does anyone know of a way do use keyboard mode in KIT mode?

If not, an alternative can be using the multisample mode in synth mode, and loading say a folder of samples.
But when I do that I cannot find a way to prevent the automatic mapping and pitching (tried all modes) the import algorithm uses.
I just want 1 sample per note and no pitch shifting or time stretching, but that does not seem to work.
Any ideas?

Comments

Affectionate_Bee_781Affectionate_Bee_781 United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 112
    edited July 2022

From the manual:

Some .wav and .aiff files contain tags explicitly stating what note the file contains a sample of. Where these tags are present, they will override the Deluge’s own pitch detection.

So I guess adding those tags to the samples would work? (I'm thinking, for example, Bass drum C3, snare drum D3, hats E3, etc.) If it was me, I'd experiment with a small sample set to see if it works .. hope that puts you on a helpful path!

Maybe this program would be helpful? https://www.bjoernbojahr.de/endlesswav.html
    Lots of conversation about this on the 1010 forum, since the Blackbox needs root note tags to map multisamples

Post edited by Affectionate_Bee_781 on
    volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

To load sample per note, samples must be tagged with some software. Yes, endlesswav can do it. Also, its important that the samples have unique names without repeating words, NOT drum1.wav, drum2.wav...

🅽🅾🆅🅸🅲🅴 🅳🅴🅻🆄🅶🅸🅾🅽🅸🆂🆃?

hamptoniohamptonio Posts: 23

@mikejarod said:
    I would like to play oneshot samples (like drums) using the keyboard mode, but it looks like the KIT mode does not offer keyboard mode; pressing the keyboard mode button while in kit mode doesn't do anything.
    Does anyone know of a way do use keyboard mode in KIT mode?

If not, an alternative can be using the multisample mode in synth mode, and loading say a folder of samples.
    But when I do that I cannot find a way to prevent the automatic mapping and pitching (tried all modes) the import algorithm uses.
    I just want 1 sample per note and no pitch shifting or time stretching, but that does not seem to work.
    Any ideas?

One option is to load them as a multisample, and then edit the XML file on a computer. If you had an entry like

<sampleRange
                rangeTopNote="33"
                fileName="SAMPLES/DRUMS/kick.wav"
                transpose="29"
                cents="33">
                <zone
                    startSamplePos="0"
                    endSamplePos="15239" />
            </sampleRange>

you could change the transpose value to 27 (if it is played at midi note 33, you want the transpose value to bring it up to 60, so 60-33 = 27) and the cents to 0.

Its tedious by hand, I write little Python scripts to do this, but at least it is one possible way.

jensgjensg Berlin, GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 297

Whenever I hear “use a computer” and “a little python script “, it’s gotten way too far away from making music for my taste.

That being said, a “load as multisample but without pitch adjustment“ option would be awesome to have.