Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

DIY screen upgrade

onelonedorkonelonedork United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 1

I was looking at putting a Mux in my deluge to scan the 7 segment display and translate it over to an OLED I2C display with an Arduino, does anyone know if the display is common cathode or Common anode? I'd like to just put a CD74HC4067 on it, and scan and convert. Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

Brandon_FalloutBrandon_Fallout USABeta Tester Posts: 3

I know this thread is super old but I'm curious if you had any luck? I wouldn't mind doing something like this myself.

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

As it stands, you'd have to re-do the firmware to put out more than four characters at a time. Or maybe you could simulate clicks on the encoder that scrolls the display across, buffer those characters up...

Either way, very likely not worth the effort.

Brandon_FalloutBrandon_Fallout USABeta Tester Posts: 3

Fair point. I'm learning to live with the current screen as it is. That being said, I'm going to see what I can come up with in Lemur for iPad. That might just give me the at-a-glance control I'm looking for. TBD

ehahkenehahken United KingdomPosts: 7

Did this ever happen?

oneANToneANT ɹǝpun uʍop puɐlPosts: 73

@ehahken said:
    Did this ever happen?

lol

Wolf_TWolf_T SpainPosts: 39

Probably the most requested upgrade is the addition of a better display. I don't know why that's not at last in the pipeline. What I still miss is a pause function. Or am I just not finding it?