β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Some tracks and audio clips in song mode not carrying over to arranger mode

JR33DJR33D St Charles MO USABeta Tester Posts: 10

I've had my Deluge for a while now, but only just starting to delve into arranger mode. I have songs with multiple instances of audio clips, often with an audio clip as the first track in the song. For example, I'm looking at a song right now where I have 7 tracks. Two of which are audio tracks. Everything else is a kit or synth. When I switch to arranger mode, there are only 4 tracks available to program sequences with. My first audio track is missing, and several of the internal presets. I should add, all kits and synths are unique to each track - no sounds are being doubled to other tracks. Everything is in one group too - it's a simple composition with nothing grouped. I have seen this with other songs I'm working on as well. In particular, if the first track is an audio track (Audio 1) I never seem to be able to get that to come over to arranger mode. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited July 2022

You click on a pad of a track you have there in arranger and while holding the pad, with select knob you scroll trough individual clips on that track/preset. You can also record a performance into the arranger from song mode, record+song while in song mode. So in arranger you dont see so many tracks because all that use the same preset/kit are shown as 1 track in which you select the wanted variation. Refer to the manual for more info.

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

edited July 2022

I definitely already read the manual through on how this should work a few times, and as stated in my initial post, each track is a unique preset - none of the tracks reuse any presets. So when I hold the pad and try the select knob, there's nothing else to select. It just turns the clip to a white clip as I'd expect.

What’s interesting is that when I record directly into the arranger from song mode, all the tracks work. HOWEVER: some of the programming is invisible in arranger view. Like, a part will play where it’s supposed to, but there’s no track for it and nothing on the grid that I can edit or manipulate. I’ll post a video as soon as I get time tomorrow. There’s something I’m just not getting about how this works.

Post edited by JR33D on

Oh, then I never saw this happening. Hope someone else can help with it.

OK. This is a combination of "I'm an idiot" and "this is not intuitive".

All my tracks ARE available in arranger mode. BUT by default, when I switch to arranger mode the top 3 tracks are off the screen. I have to scroll down to find them. Why by default moving to arranger mode wouldn't show all the tracks without scrolling is a mystery to me, but the mystery is solved. Good grief.

you know I thought about that but said naah :)