Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

MPE Controller / Device Thread

2»

Comments

iambillionsiambillions Oregon Beta Tester Posts: 5

the linnstrument ’buttons’ or keys are quite a bit bigger than the deluge’s. Roger asserts they are the comfortable distance for the average hand. The grid can be modified for instance i am now using it with bass in upper left and the row offset being a flat fifth higher. This is much more visually accessible (especially since the addition of custom color per pad)
    i have a few mpe controllers and prefer playing notes on the Linnstrument to them all (morph, erae touch) if the morph did a grid i might prefer the size, one day i might make a custom layout that is a grid for the morph. and there are some things i am hoping the Erae touch will one day do. but for now it is a fantastic drum pad and cc controller. not very into playing notes on it (the drums on morph are about half as good, which is odd as the morph is fantastic for notes) there is a new update for Erae touch but i haven’t sat down to play with it. it might fix some of my personal issues with it. the feedback of a morph layout or Linnstrument grid is missing on Erae which is it’s strength but also keeps your eyes on it which is kinda weird i have a difficult time with the leds on it, maybe i will one day make a custom overlay for the Erae touch ;)

ToniToni Te Whanga-nui-a-Tara, Aotearoa / Wellington, New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 3

@iambillions said:
    the linnstrument ’buttons’ or keys are quite a bit bigger than the deluge’s. Roger asserts they are the comfortable distance for the average hand. The grid can be modified for instance i am now using it with bass in upper left and the row offset being a flat fifth higher. This is much more visually accessible (especially since the addition of custom color per pad)

do you think the 200 pad is worth it over the 128? the portability and price of the 128 are appealing but i also find less than 88key piano keyboards confining sometimes. depends on what you're playing i suppose