Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Recording audio and midi to DAW simultaneously?

reyd_iversonreyd_iverson Bay AreaPosts: 5

Hey, just got my Deluge and LOVING it already. So intuitive and sounds amazing.

I'm curious if you can record MIDI into Logic. I was able to set it up so that it MIDI syncs, but when recording it only records EITHER the audio (synth) or MIDI, but not both... For example, I have my Roland TR-8S set up so that when I hit record, it syncs to DAW, then records both stereo audio tracks AND a midi track for playback later or editing simultaneously. Curious if something like this is possible with the Deluge, as well as how to do it Logic specifically if anyone knows.

Thanks!

Answers

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Yes, I believe this is possible. I don’t use Logic. But I know this is possible in Ableton.
    You probably need to make sure audio and MIDI settings in Logic are set up to receive MIDI from the deluge. Then have a MIDI and audio track setup to record.

If you’re talking about MIDI and audio from the same clip on the Deluge that is not possible. Synth clips do not output MIDI. For that you would need to duplicate the synth clip, change it to MIDI. Then launch and record both clips at once.